Frozen Veggie Stir-Fry
Makes four servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbs. tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbs. honey
- 1 tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. sesame oil, divided
- 1 tbs. avocado oil
- 1 tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 oz. frozen shelled edamame
- 10 oz. frozen broccoli
- 5 oz. frozen sliced carrots
- Cubed roasted tofu or chopped sautéed chicken (optional)
- 10 oz. frozen cauliflower rice
- In a small bowl, whisk the tamari, honey, rice vinegar, and 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil.
- Place a heavy skillet over high heat for 30 seconds, then add the avocado oil. When the oil is shimmering, add the ginger and garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add the frozen edamame and cook, stirring constantly for one minute, until the beans no longer look frozen. Add the frozen broccoli and carrots and cook for two minutes, stirring constantly. Whisk the tamari mixture once more and then pour it over the veggie mixture; cook, stirring, until the broccoli and carrots are heated through, about one minute more.
- If you want to add protein, stir in cubed roasted tofu or chopped sautéed chicken after the veggies are heated through.
- In a separate large skillet placed on high heat, add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil. When the oil is shimmering, crumble the frozen cauliflower rice into the pan and cook, stirring for four to five minutes, until heated through.
- Serve the stir-fry over the cauliflower rice.
Published at Fri, 12 Mar 2021 16:00:38 +0000