McIntosh Labs Hi-Fi Car Audio Coming to 2022 Jeep Wagoneer
- McIntosh Laboratory—legendary stereo maker known best for powering the sound at Woodstock in 1969 and the glowing blue power meters in its high-end audiophile-grade home audio equipment—is making its foray into automotive audio, with the MX1375 Reference Entertainment System and the MX950 Entertainment System
- The 2022 Jeep Wagoneer (MX1375) and Wagoneer (MX950) models, debuting mid this year, will be the first cars to carry the McIntosh car stereo systems.
- The MX1375 in the Grand Wagoneer features 23 speakers (including a 12-inch subwoofer), a 24-channel 1375-watt amplifier, and McIntosh’s Adaptive 3D Surround Processing.
- The MX950 in the Wagoneer Series I, II, and III models feature 19 speakers (including a 10-inch subwoofer) and a 17-channel 950-watt amplifier.
- All speakers use McIntosh’s proprietary Low Distortion/High Performance design in a coaxial array that integrates a 1-inch high-frequency tweeter within a 3.5-inch midrange driver, except for the four 2-inch in-ceiling speakers of the MX1375.
- Prominently in the models’ infotainment dash screens are a pair of glowing blue McIntosh decibel output meters.
Published at Mon, 29 Mar 2021 01:22:21 +0000